Frequently Asked Questions
All of ThunderDome’s attractions run off of a standard 110-volt power supply. Based on the equipment you choose, we will provide you with our exact power requirements. With proper notice, and with the understanding of the noise entailed, ThunderDome can provide generators for your outside events.
For our mutual protection, we carry a one million dollar liability policy. There is a nominal charge if you need to be specifically listed on the policy as additionally insured.
Once a contract is signed for your event, the client should understand that a cancellation fee of 25% of the quoted price will be charged by ThunderDome Racing if the event is cancelled within six weeks of the event date, 50% within two weeks and 75% if cancelled within one week of the event date. 100% payment is expected if ThunderDome appears on the event date and the event is cancelled. Cancellations include weather.
The 6-car unit allows 70-100 racers per hour. The practice time can be varied to accommodate any number of participants. It is the clients responsibility to provide dry operating space. For outside events, this would probably mean a tent. If you don’t have one, we can add our 50′ x 50′ ThunderDome Checkered Canopy Tent to the mix. The crew can operate in nice weather without one, but cannot set-up or operate in any form of precipitation, or threat of precipitation. An acceptable size tent for wet weather operation is 30′ x 30′. Complete set-up of the track usually takes two hours to complete, so please plan to have us arrive three hours prior to the beginning of the event. Track tear-down can be accomplished in one hour.
The EA games offer unprecedented realism in a racing game. They link together for great head-to-head action and offer the choice of 12 real NASCAR drivers and 8 authentic Sprint Cup Tracks. Choose from Lowe’s, Daytona, Indianapolis, Bristol, Watkins Glen, Talladega, Atlanta, and more.
The Pit Stop Challenge is a great game which simulates a real Pit Stop. Contestants operate a real air wrench, loosening and tightening 5 lug nuts in a race against the clock. Because the tire slides on a patented system, players never actually have to handle the weight of the tire, unlike some other models. Let your guests go over the wall and test their skills!
The most popular driving simulators ever made! Four to eight linked units are available for placement at indoor functions or in a special air-conditioned trailer for outside events. The simulators are perfect for any event. A big draw is the realistic racing these simulators provide the racers. Positive feedback on the steering wheel (hit the wall and the steering wheel lets you know it) and great graphics are a real crowd pleaser. The ability to link four to eight people, racing and bumping on the same track, leads to some heated competition.
You only need to provide the space and power. Four units allow 76-80 people to race per hour. Eight units allow 152-160 racers per hour.
Our motto is “If you’ve got an event, we’ve got your games”! ThunderDome is a full-service entertainment provider and we offer all sorts of fun options which appeal to children and adults alike. If we do not have what you are looking for, let us try and find it for you!
The Xbox works well on a flat screen TV with our nice leather sofa for a relaxing play environment. The Wii can be used with a flat screen TV, as well as with a projection screen. See below for Wii space requirements.
Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Guitar Hero III are some of the most popular. We can make more titles available upon request.
(All sizes are listed as Length X Width. Height is only listed if unusually large and is indicated.)
- Remote Control Tracks: 6 Car Remote Control Race Track: 25′ X 25′ (can be fit into smaller spaces)
- 4 Car Mini RC Track: 10′ X 12′
- Stock Car Challenge: 5′ X 8′
- Daytona’s: 4 Units: 10’x 14′ 8 Units: 10’x 28′ Trailer Set-up: 15’x 40′
- Air Hockey: 4’x 8′
- Alpine Racer Skiing: 4’x 6′
- CD Jukebox: 4′ x 3′
- Dr. Face Photo Machine: 3′ x 3′
- Electronic Darts: 2’x 2′ plus 8′ throwing area
- Foosball: 4’x 6′
- Golden Tee: 3′ x 4′
- Golf Chipping Challenge: 10’x 10′
- Golf Driving Range: 14’x 19′ x 14′ (LxWxH)
- Golf Simulator: 14’x 19′ x 14′ (LxWxH)
- Massage Chairs: 3′ x 3′
- Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga: 2’x 3′
- NBA Jam/NFL Blitz: 4’x 3′
- Pinball: 6’x 3′
- Ping Pong: 5’x 10′
- Pool Tables: 4’x 7′ (Table only, does not include playing area)
- Pop-a-Shot Basketball: 4’x 8′
- Putting Simulator: 3′ x 8′
- Quarterback Challenge: 4’x 4′
- Super Chexx Hockey: 3’x 6′
- Thunder Mountain: 8’x 10′
- ThunderDome Tent: 50′ Diameter 30′ Height
- EA NASCAR Racing Simulators: 4 Units 8′ X 14′
- LaserShot Shooting Simulator: 12′ X 12′
- Pit Stop Challenge: 6′ X 6′
- XBOX with Flat Screen and couch: 10′ X 10′
- Wii w/ Flat Screen: 15′ X 10′
- Wii w/ rear projection screen: 25′ X 10′
- EA PGA Tour: 3′ X 4′
- World Series Baseball: 4′ X 3′